Monday, January 08, 2007

Sucking the fun out of life

Another Monday, another post about my weekend in Chicago. This weekend was pretty low-key in that pretty much most of us didn't want to spend too much money after New Year's Eve, and one of the main reasons I went to Chicago was because I left so much of my shit there when I left last Monday. But I digress.

I got to Chicago around 7:45 on Friday night, which is a pretty decent time to get there. I woke up late for work, so I ended up having to stay late to make up for the time since I'm a jackass. So I could have left sooner, but I hit traffic on the way up anyways, so I doubt I would have gotten there much sooner. Also, on the drive up I talked to one of my friends from high school who I haven't talked to in months and we had extensive sports conversations. Yet we didn't broach the subject of the Cubs once.

So anyways, I got to the city, parked and had my food delivered to me. Because I was being treaded on, I ate while the girls waited for their dinner. I started drinking as soon as I finished eating, and when I was on my second beer, the girls got their food. Well, when Poops was looking for money, she realized she left her ID at home. That will make it interesting to get into bars. So, immediate chink thrown in the plans. The options from that point are we could sneak into a bar with two doors (probably pretty easy, but maybe not too nice of a bar), we could stay in (which we were going to do one night this weekend but planned on Saturday night) or she could drive home and get her ID. Well, she chose to drive to get it. And because I'm such a great friend, I offered to ride with her and give her company, obviously passing up on 2 hours of pre-drinking. So we left at 8:30 and got back around 10:20. I had one more beer (totalling 3 in about 3 hours) and we went to LBC on Halsted at 10:45. I contemplated taking a shot or two to hurry along the process of getting drunk, but I chose against it. I don't remember too much of note aside from having to wait in the rain outside, then bitches behind us bitching about 2 friends joining us in line, so we let them go ahead of us. Also, in case you were wondering, Poops did manage to make it past the bouncers. They must have forgotten that she puked by the bathrooms only 2 months before. So, in case you were wondering, you need a 2-month grace period before you can return to a bar you puked all over. There was some crazy music being played, but for a predominantly gay bar (and a different DJ than usual, as if I know who the DJ usually is from the 1 other time I've been there with music but was too drunk to remember anything about) that is probably to be expected. We left around 1:15 or so and began the trek to Pizzaria. I was desperate for 2 (actually 4) slices of pizza, but Poops wouldn't let me get them. I was not happy about it, but I agreed with her. So I ate my pizza, and then I can't really remember what happened after that.

I woke up at like 8:30 the next day, but somehow managed to get back to sleep and sleep until 11, which is way later than I ever sleep. I guess it was like 3:30 or so when we went to sleep (I know we were watching something, I just can't remember what it was). So anyways, we all got ready and picked up Ltrain for a day of adventure. It wasn't supposed to be one, technically, but it was. We were headed on our way to a purse store (yes. A purse store. My own personal hell) on Addison and Wilson. Well, we were way the fuck out there when we realized that we were in fact looking for the wrong intersection. It was Clark and Wilson. Shit. So on our backtracking, we decide to stop at a Target (scratch that first part. This is my own personal hell) and then we continue on our journey. After pointing out some ugly people (or as I like to call them, everyone) in the Ravenswood neighborhood, we finally found a group of stores. Everything was wholesale and knock-off. Well, while I was being dragged on this trip, Poops at one point says that I suck the fun out of life. I have not yet recovered from this statement. And I doubt I will ever be the same person again. But apparently, that person sucked the fun out of life, so maybe it's for the better.

So we got back at like 4:30 and by that point I was more than ready for a drink. So I started. The plan for the night was to make dinner, then stay in and drink all night. And it went very well. All of the beer (except for two) in the entire apartment was drank (it all would have been drank if I were aware of the extra two). We played some great rounds of Apples to Apples and Loaded Questions. Word to the wise: If you're playing loaded questions with a group of girls (regardless how many dudes are also there), do not ask a question about one physical trait they would change about themselves if they could. It will result in nothing but rage and possibly bruises. Well, then we finally completed all of the games and started watching Anchorman. Everyone was starting to pass out so we all finally went to bed around 3 I think.

Woke up at like 8:30 again the Sunday, and I'm pretty sure I was still drunk. I got back to sleep until 10 though, so it definitely counts as sleeping in. Poops and I watched the end of Anchorman and then we decided we wanted to get breakfast. After nearly an hour of indecision, I finally ended up making the final decision. That's right. I made a decision. And I take full credit for it. That totalled like 6 for the weekend. So I'm set until Mardi Gras probably.

So anyways, that was the weekend. Going back again this weekend for the 3 day weekend, and I'm sure it will be all sorts of crazy and full of me sucking the fun out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home