Tuesday, January 02, 2007

NYE 2007

I absolutely despise working. If there was a job I could have where I could lay on my couch and be required to do nothing but sleep and eat and watch TV, then I would be the happiest (and possibly fattest) person alive. I hate being at work after a 4 day weekend. And yet, that is where I am. And I'm angry about it. But nevertheless, it was a totally kickass weekend so let's get into it.

I got to Chicago at about 4:00 on Friday. Actually, that's a lie, I was there much earlier, but due to idiots on Lake Shore Drive I was stuck in traffic for about 40 minutes. We sat around for about an hour while we tried to figure out what we should do, and then we went to get dinner at Cesar's. As I still had to drive (and I hate tequila) I didn't get a margarita, and I didn't take my free shot of tequila. But I did have some awesome tacos. We then went to Chips' place and we started drinking there. Well, continued. And Bootz was drunk already. I forget how much more drinking there was before we went out, but we went to Hi Tops for a Battle of the Bands. It was pretty awesome, but we only stayed for one of the bands before leaving. Then we headed to Red Ivy around 12 or so. I think. I have no idea of course. There was much dancing, then we headed for my very first trip to Pizzaria. And it was AWESOME. I somehow managed to down 3 pieces of pizza (I thought only 1 slice came, and I wanted two slices, but, nope, you got two slices). I can't believe I ate that much. We got back and I played some drunk guitar and then went to pass out. It should be pointed out that Bootz was incredibly drunk and it was really hilarious. Update: I just remembered that while at Red Ivy, Bootz was literally pinning me in a corner until I gave her a satisfactory answer for one of her questions. I was pinned in the corner for probably somewhere are 10 or 15 minutes, unsure of what constitutes a satisfactory answer for her. I'm not positive she got one, but she let me out of the corner finally.

Saturday we had some sort of itinerary of things that needed to get done. Bootz was dead to the world until about 12, so we couldn't start as early as we would have liked. We went cologne shopping and I had the girls pick one out, then they did this makeup shopping which really really sucked. Then we were about to go get lunch when we realized that we hadn't picked up our ticket for NYE yet and we really needed to get on that. So we picked up our tickets, then went to get lunch. Then there was more girly shopping that actually went much quicker than I suspected it would, so I can't really complain about it. So then we went downtown to pick up Meg and Reed as they had just taken the train into the city. We went back to Chips' place and there Meg and I started drinking at like 4:30. Now, Meg had a fairly strong peach vodka drink, and I think she was drunk shortly after finishing it. It should also be pointed out that of about 6 of us, her and I were the only ones drinking, and she was the only drunk one at that point. Well, I was trying to catch up, so I had probably 6 beers before dinner, maybe more. I can't remember. Then came dinner, and we went to Messner's and continued drinking. Also worth pointing out, Reed got a massive plate of tots. Well, perhaps unwisely, Meg was insistent on drinking as fast as me. So, I had like 2.5 more beers at dinner. Then following dinner came a trip for (even) more alcohol, and there was more drinking. Then we played a round of Celebrity (we had played 90's edition Trivial Pursuit before dinner) and continued drinking. I think we were set on staying in, and we definitely didn't want to pay $8 cover for Mike and Joe. Well, Meg and Reed left to go hang out with one of Reed's friends before they had to head back for the train, and the rest of us went to Sluggers for dancing. Mainly because if we didn't go anywhere, we all would have fallen asleep. Dancing at Sluggers which was super hot for some reason. Not sure when we left but we went (again) to Pizzaria, and (again) it was awesome. We started watching a movie, but I only made it about halfway through before I gave in to passing out. I think I had 20 beers on Saturday, but for some reason people still gave me shit about passing out.

Woke up laying down the next day, and I had passed out sitting up, so that was interesting. My plan for Sunday was to go see Black Christmas with Bootz. No one else wanted to go see it except Poops, but she refused to get out of bed. So I met Bootz, and we went, told some stories about drinking, and then saw an awesome Black Christmas. Seriously. It was awesome. So then we went back home and it started pouring on the walk from the El to Chips', and then I took her home. I started drinking at 5 because I am a man of my word, and then I think I got ready at like 7. We got to the bar like 5 minutes before 8 and they hadn't opened the doors yet. We finally got in and started our efforts in getting our money's worth. It should probably be pointed out that I did not have dinner, and my stomach was not happy about it. They didn't put food out until maybe 45 minutes after we got in, and all of it had cheese except for one thing. I had two chunks of lemon chicken, but it had some sort of cream sauce in it. I was like, uh, if I have any more my stomach may get angry. Oh, also, I was obviously drunk because I just put the whole piece of chicken in my mouth and it was not bite-size. Anyways, there was much dancing and drinking. It was crazy because they played a lot of popular songs, but they played them over 80's beats. Also, Poops gave me her camera to hold on to, and we all know what happens what she gives her camera to me. 112 pictures, and I was probably in 80 of them. And probably 40 (or more) were just of my face. At one point I remember giving a bartender a $5 and expecting change back so I could tip a dollar; instead she kept the whole $5. So that was her last tip of the night. They finally kicked us out around 1:15 or 1:30, and everyone went to begin the struggle for a cab. Somehow everyone except 4 of us managed to find a cab. So we walked up and down the street searching for one, yet unable to snag one. This happened probably for around 45 minutes. Then we finally just started walking, promptly forgetting that there was an El stop 3 blocks away. We got to Belmont and took a left, and after about 4 or 5 blocks we finally caught one. So, it was like 3 when we finally got home.

Also, I explicitly want to point out that Chips puked in an alley and Poops puked the next morning.

Woke up the next day and Chips did not remember anything about the night before, so I had to recount the night's events to her. Then we went to pick up Poops (she stayed with another friend) and Bootz and the four of us laid in bed until about 1:45, when I had to scramble to get my shit together to leave. Unfortunately I left some shit because I'm an idiot.

So that was the NYE weekend. I think 2007 holds great things for me. Mainly involving alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home