Thursday, January 04, 2007

Don't act like you didn't see this coming

You knew it was coming. Especially if you happened to catch any of the hideously ugly Illini game last night. I would enjoy tearing everyone a new asshole for blowing so terribly, so I probably will.

But first, the game was being carried on the local UPN channel. I turn on the game at 7, all I see is the UPN symbol in the corner of the screen and the rest is black. I'm like, hmm, ok, maybe wait a second. 2 minutes later, I change it back, still no change. No problem I say, the feed must just be slow getting started. I change it back 4 minutes later, still no game. Ok, you're fucking with me now UPN59. I change the channel and change it back at 7:07. Ok, now the screen isn't black, there are just commercials. Phew, I probably didn't miss much of the game. Ok, I think I saw this commercial already. Ok, it's 7:10, I'm seeing these commercials all twice. Ok, 7:12, still no game, you're fucking with me again! Apparently they fucked up the feed or something and rather than show dead air, they decided to go with showing commercials for all of the shows in syndication that they have, like Family Feud, and other similar shit. Finally I change it back at like 7:25 and see that the feed is now working and I've missed nearly half of the first half. And as luck would have it, that was the best portion of the entire game that I missed.

So now to recap the game. It sucked. That was easy.

Rich McBride continues to be the shittiest shithole on the entire team. The only thing he is good for is defending guards in the post and shooting threes. Except he can't shoot any more for some reason. He's too slow to guard anyone off the dribble (and apparently he's too slow to keep anyone from getting out of a trap as evidenced by the end of the game) and not many guards take him down low. So, he's pretty much worthless. Apparently it looks like Bruce Weber is finally starting to realize this.

I guess I was only half-right when I said that Rich McBride was the shittiest shithole on the team because Marcus Arnold is right up there with him. Just because the kid is a senior doesn't mean that he's actually valuable to have on the floor. Because he is definitely not valuable. All he gives you is a guy who can occasionally make a layup when you find him (because no one needs to guard him--he sucks) and he's a big body that someone at least would have to run around to get to the basket. I've said this a million times. He can't jump and he can't really rebound. His defense isn't very good either.

Speaking of defense not being very good, we blew last night. Our rotations sucked, which left Michigan able to hit wide open threes. That's what ball movement can do for you. Get you open shots.

Of course, you wouldn't have noticed that from watching us on offense. It's much easier to just stand around and try to get the ball inside to Marcus Fucking Arnold who is worthless. It's like our guards don't even see the floor either (especially McBride). An easy way to break a zone is to get to the middle. It's tough to get the ball to the middle of a zone if YOU NEVER LOOK THERE.

I was not impressed with Calvin Brock's defense last night either. He really needs to work on it to keep improving. If he doesn't keep working on it, he's not good enough.

WHERE THE FUCK IS BRIAN CARLWELL? I have no idea what Bruce Weber is thinking by NOT playing Carlwell. At the very least, he's not going to hurt you any more than Shitty Marcus and he's bigger and harder to move, so he can rebound better. And he's younger, and in-game experience is much better spent on Carlwell than Arnold.

And what is Shaun Pruitt's deal? Why does he play soft at times? He's one of the biggest guys in the Big Ten. And Brian Randle. He's reluctant to shoot, he doesn't go to the basket even though he has a quick first step, and he could definitely rebound more on offense. Speaking of offensive rebounding, what happened to that? Don't any of the guards try that any more?

I guess all this being said, Michigan is kind of a tough place to go and win on the road, but that definitely should have been a game we won. It's a shitty way to start off the season in the Big Ten. And Fuck Michigan.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home