Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Peoria is the happiest place on earth

You know I'm lying. This past weekend was a very interesting one in that it was like the first weekend in I don't know how long that I didn't leave Peoria to go have actual fun. Instead, actual fun came to me. Also, I realize this is slightly late, but I was really busy yesterday.

Friday night: Started drinking around 8:15 after watching both Meerkat Manor episodes. I think it was sometime around 9:30 when Shannon and Sarah got to Peoria. We drank until something like 11 or so, and then we went to Sully's. Both girls had a drink or shot bought for them there by some older dudes, and then we headed to 4play. There was much dancing. Also, these dudes were basically having a dance-off, and Sarah was taking pictures.

Sidenote: I lost track of time pretty early in the night. Usually I have 4 drinks or so and then start forgetting things, and then I'll just fall asleep (when I drink during the week). Well, Friday night I'd had 4 drinks by the time we went out. And then I switched to beer. And I have no idea what I had to drink. But I digress.

So at some point we decide to leave and go get pizza. We get there, and I insist that we get a large pizza. At some point some dude started talking to us, and as I ordered 3 beers, he asked for a Heineken, and I was like 'duh, okay' and got him one. After listening to him ramble about some non-sensical sports talk I think, we got our pizza and went home. We started watching Meerkat Manor on my DVR but we stopped it to pass out, and we'd only eaten like 3 pieces of pizza.

Woke up at 10 Saturday, feeling pretty bad. We started watching the Illini and saw the game was going to be a blowout, so we went for Chinese food. We sat down and I was like, oh ooh, I don't feel so good. I was ok, but eating wasn't really something I wanted to do any more. Anyways, we ate, went back to my place, Shan slept, and then I blacked out for a while out of rage, so I can only assume Illinois won.

We went to Tanner's Orchard and tried to conquer the corn maze. First, I was so ridiculously thirsty in that cornfield. Second, Shannon loves cheating. Third, three adults should not take that long to figure out a corn maze. Granted, my part was mainly following and ridiculing all decisions, but still. We finally made it out, and then Sarah wanted pictures of stuff, so I took them. And then she only posted like 2 of the pictures.

Another sidenote: People should probably not give me their camera to take a picture. Half of the pictures I took at the orchard were of the process of getting ready for the picture, which I find hilarious. Also, virtually the only pictures of the weekend are pictures taken by me at various angles of my face showing various emotions. So they're funny, but they don't really help clear up anything that happened when we were drunk.

So we got back at like 5, and we were going to the Peoria Rivermen (minor league hockey) game at 6:30. So the girls slept, I got ready, and then we went. I had a hot dog for dinner, probably not wise, and 4 20 oz. beers at the game. The game was cool, there were 2 good fights in the first period. We left about halfway through the third, the game was over. Back home, 2 more beers, then we headed straight to 4play. Either after 1 or 2 more beers there was much dancing. Also, there were like 4 bachelorette parties that night, which really isn't part of any story, I just thought it was worth pointing out.

So at like 1:15 or so, Sarah is yawning like crazy (big surprise) and either wants to go home to sleep or go to Big Al's. Well, we leave and we're going to go to Big Al's and Shannon puts her foot down and says that we are not. So instead we go to get pizza. I have no concept of how long we waited for it, but it seemed like it was forever. Then we went home, and this time we ate all of the pizza (we got a small). Then we started watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Shannon passed out again, and I think it was a little after 3:30 that Sarah and I passed out.

Woke up again at 10 on Sunday, but the girls slept later. Then we went to Perkins for breakfast and were all very depressed about seeing old people in their natural habitat (the family restaurant with early bird specials).

All in all it was a very successful weekend in Peoria, with nothing too bizarre or Peoriaish happening. At least not that I remember. And hopefully 2 months from now I'll have a job lined up in Chicago and I won't have to make my friends come 3 hours to see me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home