Wednesday, October 11, 2006

If only my job was like this

Can you imagine what it must be like to be a Republican in Congress these days? Particularly if you're in a leader position? What if you're the President? I can't believe how easy that job would be.

Ok, first, they never admit they're wrong. Absolutely never. Someone is accountable, but it's not us. Probably the Democrats. Look at the O'Reilly Report. They showed Mark Foley speaking, and three separate times showed him as a Democrat. Three separate times! I can't even follow the logic behind that. Do they think that people might get confused as to what party he belongs to? He's obviously a Republican. Maybe they should have listed him as an independent or something, as least that's easier to believe than Democrat.

Second, with this whole Mark Foley thing, look at the excuses they're giving. Dennis Hastert apologizes, but he blames the system, so it's not really his fault. Mark Foley is gay, he's unmarried, but he's gay because he was molested by a priest when he was younger.

Also, when did they actually find out about it? I've seen 2005, 2002, 2001, 2000. I'm going to bet it was probably in the 2000-2002 range, and not the 2005. How do they even justify that???

And what do they attribute this to? Well, back in 1983 some Democrat did something with a page or something and they didn't find out until the 90's, so it's the Democrats fault.

This is really unbelievable. I would love for my job to be to just confused people with facts until they have absolutely no idea what to think. Stupid people that is. I would assume that most people are able to think for themselves without Fox News telling them what to think. They're being extremely creative about how they're blaming Democrats for THEIR OWN NEGLIGENCE.

Next, today it comes out that the Iraq war is blamed for 655,000 Iraqi deaths. Rather than comment on the number, Republicans just accuse the Democrats of sitting on that number until election time. That may be the case, but how do you justify that many deaths? But...but....but...the Democrats.

And they do it so well. People don't really seem to care about the Mark Foley scandal. Who cares if an elected Congressman wants to fondle young boys??

Seriously. Am I missing something here? Also, MadTV had a sketch back in its first year about a Congressman who looked at art and saw naked boys. I thought it was hilarious, but now I'm almost creeped out by the amazing foresight.

I wish that my job involved confusing people so much until they didn't know what they thought. I wish I was that good at it. Just let me mix facts, embellish a little bit, deny some stuff I've recently said because I 'can't remember it.' It all seems like it would be so easy and really fun. Like, let's see what we can get people to believe and get behind today. That seems like a good job for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home